It’s been awhile since I posted last so I thought I’d let everyone know what I’m doing development-wise involving Koha 3
We are about 5 weeks out from the point where we have to be ready to switch over from using the dev_week development version of Koha to 3 which is based on dev_week, but with many differences. To get ready, I’ve had to port a number of features from dev_week to Koha 3. These include:
- Porting my Reserves System updates from dev_week to Koha 3
- Porting my Rotating Collections system from dev_week to Koha 3
- Adding the ability to pay fines by an amount paid, rather than paying individual fines one at a time.
- Porting my ‘Fines On Return’ system where actual fines are not generated until an item is checked in. I think it’s a great system and our librarians definitely prefer it to Koha’s standard fines system.
- Porting my Clubs & Services feature from dev_week to Koha 3. This is the largest and complex addition to Koha I have made, and I’m done with the basic feature, but I haven’t sent a patch yet because I’d like to add some more bells & whisles to it first.
Hopefully I’ll have a public Git repository up soon so anyone can pull these updates from me instead of waiting for them to make it into Koha 3 proper.
In addition, I’ve set up a new website for KUDOS, the US based Koha Users & Developers Group. It’s located at kudos.koha.org.